Sunday, January 27, 2013

Kelsey Viola Wiskirchen

Hope you all had a great weekend! I have been busy this week with some freelance work and trying to survive this chilly NYC weather. I saw this video on Joetta Maue's blog and found Kelsey Viola Wiskirchen's work so amazing and inspiring:





I have dreamed of working with a women's weaving collective in another culture and hearing about Kelsey's experience with weaving and natural dying in South Africa and Bolivia has inspired me to think about that venture again. I did a lot of weaving in college and loved it but haven't done much since, even though it is something that I haven't stopped thinking about and have vowed to myself to get back into.  It has particularly been on my mind even more so lately and the other day when  I saw this video it really seemed to be a sign. Funny how that works. I am sure once I begin it will be like reuniting with a long lost friend - never have missed a beat. I will keep you posted on that.
I think Kelsey's work is absolutely beautiful and her use of text and photographic imagery to tell the stories of women is something remarkable that really resonates with me.

For more information on Kelsey and her work:

http://www.kelseyviola.com

Enjoy!





2 comments:

Esmeralda said...

I can't wait to see your magic in weaving

Erika Nikole said...

Aw, thank you! :-)